The Big Fresno Fair
The Big Fresno Fair is the ultimate Central Valley tradition. It brings the entire community together for 12 days of family, food and fun!
Everyone has their Big Fresno Fair memories and their must do list. For some, it’s all about the soft tacos, for others it’s all about the live horse racing. Many go for the carnival rides. Some plan their exhibit entries all year… crafting, baking, photo taking… all in hopes of earning that allusive “Best in Show” purple ribbon.
The Big Fresno Fair is the fifth largest fair in California, attracting more than 650,000 visitors each year. The fun gets underway Wednesday, October 5th and continues through Sunday, October 16th. If you plan ahead, there are plenty of ways to save when it comes to entry fees and carnival rides.
If purchased by Tuesday, October 4th, you can take advantage of pre-fair savings.
- A Season Pass is $30 and gets you into the fair every day! It can be purchased online, by phone or at the Administration Ticket Box Office. If you purchase your Season Pass at any participating Central Valley O’Reilly Auto Parts Stores you can get it for just $28.
- Season Parking Passes are $100 dollars and grant you unlimited parking access in the Butler and Infield Lots. This is a great option for folks that go to the Horse Races each day and can also be purchased online, by phone or at the Administration Ticket Box Office.
- Unlimited Carnival Ride Wristbands are $25. You can get those online, by phone or at the Administration Ticket Box Office.
- Fair admission tickets and Unlimited Carnival Ride Wristbands can also be purchased at a discounted rate at all participating Save Mart Supermarkets and FoodMaxx stores.
Remember… these discounts are only available before the fair starts. So, you have to act fast – by Tuesday, October 4th.
There are plenty of savings options during the fair, too!
Wednesday, October 5th
Fairgoers can get into the Fair for only $1 all day long!
Thursday, October 6th
Big Fresno Fair Facebook fans, Twitter and Instagram followers get into the Fair for FREE from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. A link to a special barcode will be available on those social media sites. Also, Carnival Rides are just $2 per ride – all day long!
Also, on Thursday, October 6th Table Mountain Casino “Club Rewards” Members can get into the Fair for FREE. Just bring your valid Club Card to the Chance or Butler Avenue Fast Track Entrance.
Monday, October 10th
Admission is FREE for Seniors 62 and up. Admission is also FREE for persons with disabilities. One chaperone is admitted for FREE with each person that requires assistance. Gates open early – at 9AM on this day.
Tuesday, October 11th
Go to any participating Central Valley Les Schwab Tires to get a voucher for $2 Fair admission. No purchase necessary. You can also join The Big Fresno Fair Fan Club at FresnoFair.com and receive a printable coupon via email for the same great deal!
Wednesday, October 12th
Kids 12 and under get into the fair for free with a paid adult admission. (Kids 5 & under are always free). Carnival rides are just $2 per ride – all day.
Thursday, October 13th
Bring in 5 or more canned food or other non-perishable food items per person to the Fair and you will receive FREE admission. All food will be donated to The Salvation Army and The Community Food Bank to help fight hunger in our community. In the last seven years, nearly 580 tons of food has been collected.
General Fair Info
Monday – Friday at 11 a.m. (9 a.m. on Oct. 10th)
Saturday & Sunday at 10a.m.
Sunday – Thursday at 11p.m.
Friday & Saturday at Midnight
Live Horse Racing Post Times:
Monday, Thursday & Friday – 1:15 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday – 12:15 p.m.
No Horse Racing: Tuesday & Wednesdays
Adults – $10
Children 6-12 – $7
Children 5 & under – Free
Seniors 62 & over – $7
Military – $7
Chance Avenue Lot – $15
Butler Avenue & Infield Lots – $10
Maple & Butler Lot – $5
Cedar & Kings Canyon Lot – $5
Location: Fresno Fairgrounds, 1121 S. Chance Avenue – Fresno, 93702
Phone: (559) 650-3247
Latest posts by Sarah Soghomonian (see all)
- The FresYes Guide to Year-Round Farmers Markets - February 5, 2020
- Nature Events for Kids and Bald Eagle Hike Happening Saturday at River Parkway - January 15, 2020
- Fresno High Neighborhood Association to Host Home Tour This Saturday - January 8, 2020