As your resident FresYes coffee-obsessed blogger, you have to know that if a new coffee shop opens in town, I will absolutely be visiting as soon as possible to share all the details with you, dear FresYes readers!
Los Panchos Mexican restaurant located on the northeast corner of Fulton and Tulare in Downtown Fresno has done some really innovative things under their roof in the past year. Their beautifully remodeled tequila bar has hosted an ongoing pop-up (prior to COVID closures) for Quail State, the upcoming rooftop bar going in on the top floor of the Pacific Southwest building. And now, as of this month, Los Panchos is also serving as home to Fresno’s newest coffee shop, the Frida Café.
Frida Café is the brainchild of Albee Sanchez, who wanted to create a coffee experience as exciting to the eye as the taste buds. The café, which is now located at the tequila bar inside Los Panchos, features images of legendary Mexican artist Frida Kahlo, who was best known for her self-portraits, featuring bold and beautiful colors. Sanchez carried bold and beautiful colors throughout the décor of the café area, and even into the drinks he prepares – as each milk used is dyed with natural, organic food dyes.
Frida Café’s menu consists of six specialty drinks and mini pan dulce (Mexican sweet pastries). Their drink menu includes:
- Agave Chai – An earthy chai made with agave nectar, cinnamon and pale blue milk
- White Rose – A white chocolate and rose latte with pink milk
- Almond Citrus – Latte featuring natural orange and almond extracts with fresh orange zest on top
- Smoked Vanilla – a smoked vanilla late with Saigon cinnamon and red milk
- Lavender Cream – a creamy, light and sweet latte with lavender flavoring
- Mayan Xoco – a spicy, intense natural hot cocoa with cinnamon and shaved chili
On my recent visit, I tried the Smoked Vanilla and it was very tasty and served piping hot and “made with so much love”. The welcome and customer service I received was exceptionally great.
Los Panchos serves a full breakfast and lunch menu in their adjacent dining room. The fenced outdoor seating area is very nice and features plenty of shade, and if you order your Frida Café drinks to enjoy on site, they’ll be served in glass mugs on a wooden tray.
Frida Café is open 7 days a week from 7am to 2pm. It becomes quite busy on the weekends, so plan to go early or be aware that there may be quite a wait for this special new coffee shop. Street parking is metered and both coins and cards are accepted, however parking is free on weekends.
- FresYes Local Business Spotlight: Those Junk Movers - June 28, 2022
- Keep Kids Reading: 5 Great Programs For This Summer - June 22, 2022
- NEW Flora Flower Co brick & mortar shop is sure to delight! - June 17, 2022