Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are some fun suggestions for events happening in and around Fresno.
• At 5:30 p.m. and again at 8:30, Fresno Filmworks presents the experimental theatre drama Madeline’s Madeline, a portrait of a teenager’s desire for self expression contrasted with a mother’s inherent impulse to protect. Tickets cost $10 for general admission, $8 students/seniors.
• Glen Delpit and the Subterraneans will bring their hypnotic and highly motivational Bluesrootsy Americana to Gazebo Gardens at 6 p.m. Bring the kids, bring your dog, and enjoy the music, some food trucks, and beer.
• See the 1931 classic Dracula starring Bela Lugosi on the big screen at the historic Crest Theatre. Doors open at 7 p.m.; movie starts at 8 p.m. Admission is $6.
• The Artourage presents Homebrewed: Fall Edition at Full Circle Brewing Co. Starting at 8 p.m., see local bands Passenger Seat Perspective, Hyperslugz, The Daring Lion, Stereocloud, and Strange Matter, and enjoy food and beer. This is an all ages show.
• Head to Strummer’s at 9 p.m. for a Totally 80s Rewind party. There will be 80s costume and trivia contests, a dance-off, and giveaways. This 21+ event is free!
• Celebrate Fall Fest at Fig Garden Village. Starting at 10 a.m., enjoy activities for the family, including live music, Halloween crafts, a fall photo booth, and more.
• The monthly Draggin’ the Main “Cruise Night” returns to Fulton Street. Cruising and parking on Fulton Street is free and open to the public. The fun starts at 4:30 p.m.
• It’s time for another AlleyWave Alley Party in downtown Fresno! Enjoy art, vendors, food, drinks, and music behind the Broadway Event Center. The free, all-ages event begins at 5 p.m.
• Aerial Angels Pole Fitness, Aerial Arts Fresno, and D&J Dance Company join forces to bring you Taboo, a story of life and love through dance and aerial arts, at 7 p.m. at the Tower Theatre. General admission is $20.
• The Fresno State Bulldogs football team hosts Wyoming at Bulldog Stadium at 7:30 p.m. Find your tickets here.
• At 1 p.m., College of the Sequoias in Visalia presents The Tragedy of Macbeth, a multimedia experience freely adapted by Chris Mangels from the play by William Shakespeare. This production is rated PG-13 for intense scenes of violence and adult themes. Tickets are $12 general admission, $12 seniors, $10 for students.
• From 1 to 4 p.m., enjoy live music with Marie Wilson Solo at Toca Madera Winery. This event is free and kid friendly.
• Sawdust Sunday is going down at Ideaworks in downtown Fresno at 1:30 p.m. If you have an interest in woodworking, wood-turning on a lathe, carving, or any other means of sawdust production, this is the event for you.
What else is going on this weekend? Add your event to the comments.