Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are some fun suggestions for events happening in and around Fresno.
• At 5:30 p.m. and again at 8:30, Fresno Filmworks presents the experimental theatre drama Madeline’s Madeline, a portrait of a teenager’s desire for self expression contrasted with a mother’s inherent impulse to protect. Tickets cost $10 for general admission, $8 students/seniors.
• Glen Delpit and the Subterraneans will bring their hypnotic and highly motivational Bluesrootsy Americana to Gazebo Gardens at 6 p.m. Bring the kids, bring your dog, and enjoy the music, some food trucks, and beer.
• See the 1931 classic Dracula starring Bela Lugosi on the big screen at the historic Crest Theatre. Doors open at 7 p.m.; movie starts at 8 p.m. Admission is $6.
• The Artourage presents Homebrewed: Fall Edition at Full Circle Brewing Co. Starting at 8 p.m., see local bands Passenger Seat Perspective, Hyperslugz, The Daring Lion, Stereocloud, and Strange Matter, and enjoy food and beer. This is an all ages show.
• Head to Strummer’s at 9 p.m. for a Totally 80s Rewind party. There will be 80s costume and trivia contests, a dance-off, and giveaways. This 21+ event is free!
• Celebrate Fall Fest at Fig Garden Village. Starting at 10 a.m., enjoy activities for the family, including live music, Halloween crafts, a fall photo booth, and more.
• The monthly Draggin’ the Main “Cruise Night” returns to Fulton Street. Cruising and parking on Fulton Street is free and open to the public. The fun starts at 4:30 p.m.
• It’s time for another AlleyWave Alley Party in downtown Fresno! Enjoy art, vendors, food, drinks, and music behind the Broadway Event Center. The free, all-ages event begins at 5 p.m.
• Aerial Angels Pole Fitness, Aerial Arts Fresno, and D&J Dance Company join forces to bring you Taboo, a story of life and love through dance and aerial arts, at 7 p.m. at the Tower Theatre. General admission is $20.
• The Fresno State Bulldogs football team hosts Wyoming at Bulldog Stadium at 7:30 p.m. Find your tickets here.
• At 1 p.m., College of the Sequoias in Visalia presents The Tragedy of Macbeth, a multimedia experience freely adapted by Chris Mangels from the play by William Shakespeare. This production is rated PG-13 for intense scenes of violence and adult themes. Tickets are $12 general admission, $12 seniors, $10 for students.
• From 1 to 4 p.m., enjoy live music with Marie Wilson Solo at Toca Madera Winery. This event is free and kid friendly.
• Sawdust Sunday is going down at Ideaworks in downtown Fresno at 1:30 p.m. If you have an interest in woodworking, wood-turning on a lathe, carving, or any other means of sawdust production, this is the event for you.
What else is going on this weekend? Add your event to the comments.
Latest posts by FresYes Writing Team (see all)
- FresYes Staff Member, Luis Parrales, Promoted to Director of Marketing! - March 11, 2019
- Spinning Into Control:Exercise and Anxiety by Ashley McBride - February 19, 2019
- Here’s what you should do this weekend - November 29, 2018