Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are some fun suggestions for events happening in Fresno and beyond.
• Kids Wellness Day is happening from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday at the Holistic Cultural & Education Wellness Center. This free event will consist of activities that are geared towards physical health, mental health, and mindfulness, including dance, fitness, arts and crafts, healthy eating, and yoga.
• Tee Grizzly will be live at Warnor’s Theatre at 7 p.m. This is a rescheduled show that originally was supposed to be at the Azteca Theater but moved to the larger Warnor’s due to customer demand. Tickets are $25.
• Join Margaritas & Masterpieces for Frida Activism Paint Class at High Sierra Grill House at 7 p.m. Enjoy drinks, food, music, and instructional painting as you “stand up against the injustice happening at the Mexican border.” All ages welcome; class is $30.
• See Good Company Players present Into the Woods at 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday at Roger Rocka’s Dinner Theatre. This mash-up of famous fairytales weaves a spell all its own with a magical score by Stephen Sondheim.
• Or, see Centerstage: Clovis Community Theatre’s adaptation of Disney’s The Little Mermaid at 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the Mercedes Edwards Theatre in Clovis. This is a kid-friendly show. Tickets start at $15.
• Walt Disney’s original Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs will hit the big screen once again at the historic Crest Theatre in downtown Fresno. Doors open at 7 p.m., movie starts at 8 p.m.. Concessions are available; admission is $5 per person.
• Maiden USA, a Tribute to Iron Maiden, will hit the stage at 8 p.m. at Strummer’s with guests Sinew and Angel Grave. This all-ages show is $10.
• Also at 8 p.m. see JoJo’s Summer Blues at Fulton 55. This 21-and-over show is $8 pre-sale, $10 at the door.
• The first-ever Livewire Music Festival starts at 3:30 p.m. Saturday at the Azteca Theatre. Enjoy live music acts, vendors, art, and more. Tickets for this all-ages show start at $20.
• At 7 p.m., head to Full Circle Brewing Co. for Bellies for Bullies/Pints for Pits. This event benefits the Fresno Bully Rescue and will feature belly dancing, food, and drink. Cost is $5.
• The 1st Annual Boxing Invitational will be held at the Tower Theatre at 7 p.m. This is a fundraiser to establish scholarship funds for the children of Toamalama Scanlan and Juanita Davila, who were wounded by an armed attacker while on duty at the Fresno County Jail in 2016. General admission is $35; VIP is $50.
• StageWorks Fresno presents Urinetown: The Musical at 7:30 p.m. at the Dan Pessano Theater. Tickets start at $22.
• It’s the return of 90s Night at Strummer’s at 9 p.m. Enjoy two rooms of sights and sounds from your favorite decade, free photo booth with prints, and giveaways. 90s-inspired dress is encouraged. This 21+ event is $5.
• Mezcal Lounge presents The Beach Glow Party at 9 p.m. Take in seven hours of international music with free glow sticks! Cost is $10 before 11 p.m.
• At 4 p.m., Full Circle Brewing Co. presents Beertainment Sundays. Enjoy the sounds of Toma, a Latin/funk band, and food by Casa de Flores Catering. Free; all ages.
• The Dave Koz and Friends Summer Horns Tour hits the Tower Theatre at 7 p.m. Tickets start at $78.50.
• Noah Gain brings his clean, thought-provoking brand of comedy to Just the Tips Comedy Show and Open Mic at Grogg’s Traditional Irish Pub starting at 7:30 p.m. The show is free, but you’re asked to bring tips for the headliner.
• The Stolas Farewell Tour featuring all original members will be at Strummer’s at 8 p.m. This all-ages show costs $12.
What else is going on this weekend? Add your event to the comments.