Latest posts by FresYes Writing Team (see all)
- FresYes Staff Member, Luis Parrales, Promoted to Director of Marketing! - March 11, 2019
- Spinning Into Control:Exercise and Anxiety by Ashley McBride - February 19, 2019
- Here’s what you should do this weekend - November 29, 2018
Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are some fun suggestions for events happening in Fresno and beyond.
• Head to Bitwise South Stadium for a Geek Night focused on Type 1 Diabetes awareness. From 5 to 7 p.m., there will be a cooking demo from Eat Figs, Not Pigs and yoga, as well as screenings from Beyond Type 1.
• Arte Américas presents Mariachi, Arte, y Vino, featuring live music, local art, and wine tasting, at 7 p.m. Tickets are $12 at the door.
• It’s opening weekend at Raisin Hell Haunted Corn Field in Madera! Friday, Saturday, and Sunday the ranch will be open from 7 to 10 p.m. Tickets start at $10.
• Fresno City College Theatre Arts and Dance presents She Kills Monsters at 7:30 p.m. A comedic romp into the world of fantasy role-playing games, this play tells the story of Agnes Evans as she leaves her childhood home in Ohio following the death of her teenage sister. Tickets start at $12.
• See the movie Poltergeist on the big screen (if you daaaare) at the Crest Theatre in downtown Fresno. Doors open at 7 p.m.; movie starts at 8 p.m. Admission is $6.
• Enjoy raunchy rhythm and blues from Electric Grease starting at 9 p.m. at Goldstein’s Mortuary and Delicatessen.
• The 5th annual Aloha in the Park brings island vibes to Clovis. From 10 a.m. to sunset, enjoy Polynesian dancing, food, and vendors at this family-friendly, free event.
• Crazy Squirrel Game Store celebrates its 8 year anniversary with the Squirrelaversary and Geek Garage Sale starting at 11 a.m. There will be games, demos, sales, and shopping.
• Enjoy food trucks, drinks, local vendors, samples, u-pick, games, music, and more at the Fall Farm Party hosted by Ooooby Fresno. Head to 13886 Road 20 in Madera at 11 a.m. for the fun.
• The Crest Theatre presents a FREE showing of Hocus Pocus! Doors open at 6:30; movie starts at 8 p.m. Costumes are encouraged.
• Stroll the streets of Old Town Clovis and enjoy wine and food tastings from a variety of wineries and local restaurants during the 2018 Fall Wine Walk. Tickets for the 21+ event start at $35.
• Yearly music and arts event Tastemakers 2018 will take place from 5 to 10 p.m. in Visalia. Enjoy a music lineup including Tropa Magica, Zee Will, Sharks of Dance, White Glove Service, and more. Tickets for this all-ages show start at $10.
• Spooky Con Fresno, hosted by Ohana Comic Con, starts at 11 a.m. at CPDES Hall in Fresno. Enjoy frightful, scary, horror, mystery, haunted, and sacred origins all in one place. Kids 12 and under are free.
• Also at 11 a.m. is Fresno Zine Fest ’18 Part Two. This free event will be held at The Revue.
• The Valley Animal Center hosts the 3rd annual Furry Fall Festival from 1 to 5 p.m. The event will include a variety of games and activities for families and their pets to enjoy, including a petting zoo, face painting for kids, pet costume contest, vendor fair, pie eating contest, and more. Admission is $5.
What else is going on this weekend? Add your event to the comments.