I was so happy to have In-Tension Productions as a vendor at Movie in the Park this year. This mobile business features the really cool wire-wrapped crystal jewelry and abstract artwork of John Draper and Ken Jackson.
I asked John a few questions about what makes In-Tension so unique.
1. When did your business start?
It’s hard to pin down exactly when the business started, however, I began doing a lot of craft fairs in 2016 and became the most serious about it at the start of 2017.
2. What inspired you to start it?
I’ve had a fascination with rocks and crystals since I was little and then started making jewelry about five years ago. I got a lot of positive feedback from friends and family, and the hobby turned into a passion, and the passion turned into a business.
3. What do you love about selling your merchandise at community events?
I love seeing people’s eyes light up when they see my jewelry for the first time, and especially when they fall in love with a piece that they just have to take home. It also brings me great joy when I’m out and about or at an event and I see someone wearing something I’ve made. It’s the greatest feeling!
4. What’s unique about your business?
My business is unique because every piece I create is unique. Crystals are a lot like snowflakes—no two are alike. With each crystal I wrap, I increase my skill, and I’m always trying new techniques, which ensures that each piece is one of a kind.
5. Where can people track your whereabouts?
- Thinking of buying a Condo? We say FresYes! - September 18, 2020
- Tom Seaver, exceptional human, who led ‘Miracle Mets’ to glory, dies at 75 - September 4, 2020
- Is that good ol’ American front porch making a come back? - August 14, 2020