Yesterday, the organizers of FresYes Fest—which draws thousands of music, food, and beer fans to downtown Fresno annually—announced their music lineup for the 2018 festival.
On this list? Pillars of the local music scene from the past and present, including Gang’s Back, Sparklejet, White Glove Service, Glen Delpit and the Subterraneans, Sharks of Dance, and The Box.
“The goal is to put together a lineup that represents where Fresno music has been and where it’s going, all while giving FresYes Fest attendees a fun day of entertainment,” says FresYes Fest co-founder Mike Osegueda.
Take a closer look at the lineup:
- Gang’s Back: This famed Fresno funk/R&B band is giving the FresYes Fest crowd its first live performance in five years. Gang’s Back was huge in the ’80s, performing with the likes of Kool & The Gang, Hall & Oates, Tower of Power, and War. They had two songs—”Hot Fun” and “Got My Eye On You”—on the Billboard charts in 1982.
- Sparklejet: Icons of the Fresno scene who have been playing booming rock tunes since the 1990s.
- White Glove Service: This thriving Fresno-based reggae band plays festivals and clubs up and down the state.
- Glen Delpit & The Subterraneans: From Fresno but inspired by New Orleans, this band brings home-cooked blues tunes to the FresYes menu.
- Sharks of Dance: One of Fresno’s best alt-rock bands of the moment, they’ll get you up and dancing.
- The Box: This ’90s tribute band is sure to get any party started with its mix of hip-hop and R&B. They’ll close out the night at FresYes Fest.
About FresYes Fest
FresYes Fest is a free event, open to all ages. It started in 2014 as a collaboration between Tioga-Sequoia Brewing Co., New Rock 104.1, and events creator Mike Oz. It’s an event aimed at highlighting the best beer, food, music, and artisan vendors in the Valley. Last year, FresYes Fest drew more than 6,000 people to Tioga-Sequoia.