Latest posts by Natali Carrera (see all)
- Why Whole Foods Fresno should be on your radar for natural beauty products - March 14, 2018
- Put Rev’s California cuisine on your must-try list now - March 7, 2018
- More Than Pizza opens a second location in Fresno - February 28, 2018
Each year, millions of children in America do not have the opportunity of experiencing what it’s like to receive gifts on Christmas morning. Yes, millions.
One out of five children face food scarcity on a daily basis right here in the United States. Let that sink in for a moment: Think of five children you know, now think of one of them going to bed with an empty stomach, as he or she ate their main meals at school as part of the free-lunch program.
Families who are struggling to make ends meet during the holiday season simply do not have the luxury of purchasing Christmas gifts when their finances require them to choose between keeping the lights on and food on the table or purchasing presents. Add in the factors of winter heating bills and a lack of access to free, nutritional meals during schools’ winter breaks, and an already-stretched family budget can really reach a breaking point in December.
About the Salvation Army’s Angel Tree Program
Thankfully, you can do something about this tough reality that many children face. You can personally make a difference in the life of a child right here in the Central Valley by helping to provide the joy of receiving a gift on Christmas through the Salvation Army’s Angel Tree Program.
Each year, the Salvation Army partners with businesses and community organizations to help fulfill the Christmas wishes of children in need through the Angel Tree program. Participating businesses and organizations display a Christmas tree with hanging angel ornaments. Each angel has the name and age of a local child in need, and their top Christmas wish list items.
The things children and teens wish for vary from clothing and makeup to a soccer ball and toy cars, stuffed animals, books, video games, movies, and just about everything in between.
Help FresYes Realty reach its Angel Tree goal
Starting today, there are two ways you can help us make sure a local child in need has a more magical Christmas:
- Come visit the FresYes Realty office Monday though Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and select an angel from our tree. You’ll be able to view the child’s age and wish list before you choose. Purchase something from the child’s wishlist and bring it back, unwrapped, by the office by Friday Dec. 8. We’ll make sure all of the gifts are delivered for you, and you’ll be joining a group of some of the kindest, most generous FresYessers around!
- Visit our donation page to make a monetary contribution. We will take the money donated and buy gifts for the children whose ornaments have not been selected. Our goal is to raise $500, so any little bit helps!
Last year, we offered the FresYes community the opportunity to make a difference for children through the Angel Tree program, and you came together and helped us bring joy to 200 kids (yes, 200!). So this year we decided—since you’re SO awesome—to go BIG and commit to bringing joy to 300 children.
So, what do you say, Fresnans? Will you join together with us and bring some smiles to some very deserving little faces this holiday season? Can we count on you to select an angel? We bet we can. Please come together, in the spirit of giving with us. Let’s make a difference for kids! Let us know you’re in and stay up-to-date on the status of our angels by RSVP-ing on our Facebook here. For details or questions, you can contact Marketing Manager Dalton Ford at email@example.com.
- If adding an additional gift recipient to your own Christmas list feels financially daunting, consider asking a group of family and friends to go in on gifts for an angel together. By each contributing a few dollars, you can purchase a very nice gift without making a big dent in your own holiday wallet.
- Select an angel in advance of Black Friday to take advantage of holiday sale pricing on hot gift items.