Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are some fun suggestions for events happening in Fresno and beyond.
• The next AlleyWave Alley Party is happening from 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. in the alley behind the Broadway Event Center. This party includes music, food, drinks, and fun for the whole family.
• At 5:30 p.m., enjoy a free Arts ‘N Crafts Nite hosted by the LGBT Pink Panthers Movement at the Holistic Cultural and Education Wellness Center. Supplies and snacks provided. Activities for both youth and adults to enjoy, and you keep what you make.
• Also at 5:30 p.m. there will be a FREE showing of the movie Coco at Letterman Park (on Villa Ave. between Barstow Ave. and Bullard Ave.) for those of you who aren’t afraid to cry in public. Free hotdogs and popcorn while they last!
• It’s the Friday Night Farmers Market in Old Town Clovis. Get dem fruits and veggies from 5:30 to 9 p.m.
• Glen Delpit and the Subterraneans will play Gazebo Gardens Nursery at 6 p.m. There will be food, beer, music—all the stuff you like.
• If you’re in Old Town Clovis for the Farmers Market, head to Centennial Plaza (near House of JuJu) to check out Beatleville at 6 p.m. Free show!
• At 6:30 p.m. at Tioga-Sequoia Brewing Co., take in An Evening with DJ Native Earthian playing the best of soul, disco, funk, hip-hop, 80s, 90s, and early 00s throwbacks.
• Head to Strummer’s at 7:30 p.m. to see Hate Drugs, Wee Beasties, Grove, Judah, and Conversation. This all-ages show costs $7.
• This is your last weekend to check out Othello courtesy of the Woodward Shakespeare Festival. Check out our post on how this free festival brings the Bard to Woodward Park every summer. Performances tonight and Saturday at 8 p.m.
• Nathan Hurd, named The Funniest Comic in L.A. in 2012, will headline Slice of Comedy at DiCicco’s in Old Town Clovis at 8 p.m. Tickets start at $15.
• See WBC Super Lightweight World Champion Jose Ramirez at the Save Mart Center at 3:30 p.m. Tickets start at $7.
• Known as “The World’s Most Authentic Tribute to Van Halen,” Fan Halen hits the stage at ApCal in Madera at 7 p.m. Tickets are $15 in advance; $20 at the door. This is a 21+ event.
• It’s a big weekend for comedy. Check out Comedy Night at Strummer’s at 8 p.m. This show is 21+ only; tickets are $5.
• Latin Rock Inc presents Ray Carrion and Thee Latin All Stars at Fulton 55 at 8 p.m. Tickets are $20 in advance; $25 at the door.
• The Avant Garde Experience presents Brunch & Bubbly from 11:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. at the Downtown Club. Brunch and bottomless mimosas will be served. Come dressed to impress and ready to have fun. Tickets are $35 pre-sale and $40 at the door.
• Tactical OPS and Four Corners Yoga bring you Beer Yoga at 1 p.m. in Clovis. For $20, enjoy an hour-long yoga session and a pint of your choice.
• At 2 p.m. the River City Theatre Company in Reedley presents the Central Valley premiere of the Broadway hit MEMPHIS: The Musical. Tickets start at $25.
• John Pemberton will bring his country song stylings to DiCicco’s in Old Town Clovis starting at 5 p.m. This is a free show.
• Atif Myers will headline Just the Tips comedy show at Grogg’s Irish Pub at 7:30 p.m. This is a free show, but you’re encouraged to being tip money for the performer.
What else is going on this weekend? Add your event to the comments.