Latest posts by Natali Carrera (see all)
- Jingle Jam in the Park will get your family in the holiday spirit - November 14, 2018
- Five things to learn in Fresno this month - November 7, 2018
- A perfect fall day hike for the whole family - October 31, 2018
My family is no stranger to the phenomena that is monthly subscription boxes. I’ve tried IPSY, Birchbox, Boxycharm, the Walmart Beauty Box, and Stitch Fix, and gifted Graze snack boxes. My son has subscribed to Loot Crate and my husband is a loyal customer of the Dollar Shave Club.
Being the subscription box enthusiast I am, when I heard about Crate Republic, a new gift box and monthly subscription service designed to bring awesome food, drinks, and gifts from California’s upstart and small-batch businesses to your doorstep, I was intrigued. Even more so when I heard the business is based right here in the Fresno area!
Food and wine subscription options
Checking out Crate Republic’s website, I discovered there are two main types of monthly subscriptions—food and wine. The options for each are as follows:
- The Great Crate: Comes filled with five to six full-sized, artisan-crafted delicious, consumable products and one keeper-gift item
- Nor-Cal vs. So-Cal: Comes with four artisan-crafted products — two from northern California and two from southern California — and you decide which is best
- The Snack Pack: Comes filled with three to four award-winning delights
- Dynamic Duo – White: A monthly pair of premium white wines direct from California’s wine country
- Dynamic Duo – Red: Same as the White, only this is a duo of premium red wines
- Dynamic Duo – 2-Way: A duo of premium, California wines—one white, one red
In addition to monthly subscriptions, you can also make a one-time purchase from Crate Republic’s curated selection of gift crates, such as the Bite for Binge Watching, a crate of tasty California-made snacks like lightly salted pistachios, toffee almonds, and chocolate-dipped strawberries. It all comes in a handy tote for easy portability and activities like binge-watching your favorite shows at a friend’s place.
Other gift crates include the Bloody Mary Mix-Off, the Carnivore Crate, the Coffee Break, the Sweet Spot, the Host with the Most Crate, and the Road-Snack Smackdown. (Everyone loves a good snack selection for long road trips!)
Worried you’ll fall in love with an item included in your monthly subscription box or gift crate and have a hard time procuring more of it? Fear not: Crate Republic also offers you the ability to shop their curated California pantry for individual items you’d like more of.
For the California lover, while giving back to California
Crate Republic subscription and gift boxes range in price from $27 to $70 a month, so there’s a great gifting (or self-gifting!) option for everyone, from those who live here in California and love it to those who wish they lived here. Also, if you’d like to purchase a crate in person (as opposed to via the website), you can find a selection of crate at Crazy Squirrel Game Store, 464 E. Bullard Ave. #105 in Fresno.
“In this land of giants (sequoias or otherwise),” says Crate Republic, “the upstarts can get overshadowed. We’re dedicated to shining a light on those upstarts—the small-batch wineries, the indie food makers, the artisans—and giving them a place to be noticed and appreciated.”
In addition to supporting California businesses, Crate Republic also gives back to fellow California residents. “Crate Republic adores the Golden State, and lives by the Golden Rule. That’s why a portion of every sale goes to local organizations aiding the 90,000 victims of the devastating wildfires in Northern California.”
So, subscription lovers – what Crate Republic box has your interest piqued?