The good news is that we received a huge response for the post.
The bad news? – well, there is no bad news (yet). We know we can’t take everyone but if you got this link you know we really like what you had to say.
Let me give you a little more insight into what we ask of our writers. This is from their onboarding Google doc:
- All authors are expected to contribute a minimum of one post per week.
- Authors are expected to keep the content of the post within the topic of their assigned category. (i.e. food writers can write about recipes, restaurants, chef’s, farmer’s markets…)
- Posts must be at least 300 words in length and contain at least one picture or video. (just this section in this document contains 278 words)
- We like when you use the term “FresYes” (note the capitalization)
- All posts must be original and exclusive to FresYes.com – do not plagiarize or repurpose previously written content.
- No other person, corporation, or entity has any rights or interest to the writing or image.
- Authors must assure that the writing does not violate any copyright, trademark, or any other intellectual property right of any third party.
- All factual statements in the writing are true and the writing does not contain any defamatory or unlawful statements.
- Images used should be at least 800px wide and ones that you personally took or specifically have permission to use.
- Some links back to your site or the topic’s site are fine but don’t go overboard. Hyperlinks back to a writers personal web sites are permitted but should be used sparingly.
- Links leading to outside of FresYes should always be set to open in a new window.
- Linking current articles to past FresYes content is highly encouraged. (i.e Past articles, other authors, etc.)
- Video Blogging is great! Just make sure you also include a transcription of sorts in the body of text.
- Appropriate tags should be used.
- Your post will be scheduled to be published at a pre established day and time. Each Author will have their own individual date and time.
- Posts must be submitted a minimum of 48 hrs prior to the predetermined deadline. All post submitted after this deadline will be published the following week.
- Once your post is published, you are expected to push it out to FB, Twitter, Linkedin, G+ and other applicable social networks.
- You are also expected to answer all comments and enter into discussion in a timely manner.
and then from another section:
- We’re all happy humans. We want to you to be a happy human too. Have fun with your writing. Write in your voice. Slang is fine (within limits) cuss words are not. Always check your spelling. Having a personality is good. Having an opinion is good too. Keep it upbeat. Don’t be a Debbie Downer.
- Commenters on the interwebs can be harsh, never respond in anger. Take none of it personally. Having an issue with someone? Tell us and we’ll have others fight for you.
Posts generally get a quick edit (mostly for SEO purposes), links checked, images aligned, and so on – what we don’t want to do in any way is change the tone of your voice.
If you read down this far and are still interested – let me know. I am Mike@AreWeConnected.com
Jason and I are going to sit down in the next week and finalize what we want to do with this position.