Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are some fun suggestions for events happening in Fresno and beyond.
• The Big Book Sale, hosted by the Friends of the Fresno County Public Library, continues today through Sunday. Get deals on books and more while supporting our libraries.
• It’s Latin Music Night with the band August at ApCal in Madera. Gates open at 6 p.m.; music starts at 7 p.m. Enjoy dancing, wine, food, and cigars. Cover is $10 in advance; $15 at the gate for this 21+ event.
• It’s Motown Night with Sugar at Engelmann Cellars! Music starts at 7 p.m. Cover is $10 for this 21-and-over event.
• San Joaquin Winery presents a Selena tribute concert with La Marcha Band and Sonia Santana. Enjoy wine, beer, and tacos. La Carniceria Y Taqueria Jalisco will be the vendor. Tickets for this 21+ event are $10.
• Nights in the Plaza Paz presents the music of the Cruizin’ Kings, known for their fusion of blues and old school, at Arte Américas. Bring your family and some comfortable chairs to spend the evening under the stars. Kids are welcome and the art galleries are open through each show’s intermission. Doors at 7 p.m.; show starts at 8. Cost is $12 for adults, $5 for kids.
• A free-admission Dark 80’s Dance Night is happening at Full Circle Brewing Co. starting at 8 p.m. DJ Tokyo Convertible & DJ Night Slasher will be playing a selection of Darkwave, Synth-Pop, Post-Punk, Goth, Deathrock, and New Wave.
• See musician and American Idol contestant Casey Abrams at the Tower Theatre at 8 p.m. Tickets start at $27.
• Experience the San Joaquin River at its finest with a kayak tour from Lost Lake Park to Owl Hollow hosted by the San Joaquin River Parkway and Conservation Trust. Enjoy beautiful scenery, and catch a glimpse of the birds and other wildlife that call the river home. This tour, which begins at 8:30 a.m., is appropriate for paddlers ages 12 and up.
• The Central Valley Astronomers will host a viewing at River Park at 6:30 p.m. Get ready for an amazing time viewing the moon and several bright planets. Local astronomers will be on hand with their telescopes for you to use, and to answer your questions.
• Soul, funk, and R&B collide during A Soulful Serenade with Hope Garcia at Bitwise South Stadium. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10.
• Cumbiatron: Cumbia For Arte will begin at Arte Américas at 7 p.m. This all-ages show is $10.
• The Fresno Football Club hosts Saint Louis FC at Chukchansi Park at 7 p.m. Get your tickets here.
• Heartless, a tribute to the band Heart, will take the stage at 8:30 p.m. at Fulton 55. Tickets for this 21+ show start at $12.
• See amazing violinist Patrick Contreras live at Lucy’s Lounge in the Tower District at 9 p.m.
• Yoga Reads will take place at The Revue from 9 to 11 a.m. You’ll start with some yoga asana, then read together The Power Of Myth by Joseph Campbell. The cost is $10 a person, which includes a Lanna house coffee. Please bring your mat and the book with you.
• A benefit concert for the Mike Rhodes Scholarship Fund, an effort to support students at the San Joaquin College of Law who study social justice and want to help disenfranchised groups, will take place at Fulton 55 at 6 p.m. Tickets for this 21+ show start at $10. Musicians include Glen Delpit, Roger Perry, Steve Ono, and more.
• Petty or Not, a tribute to Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, will start at Strummer’s at 7 p.m. Tickets for this all-ages show are $10.
• It’s Sunday night karaoke at Goldstein’s Mortuary and Delicatessen. The fun starts at 7 p.m.
What else is going on this weekend? Add your event to the comments.
Latest posts by Heather McLane (see all)
- Visit these local coffee spots in Fresno and Clovis - September 24, 2018
- Here’s what you should do this weekend - September 21, 2018
- Sudz in the City is returning to Downtown Fresno! - September 18, 2018