Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are some fun suggestions for events happening in Fresno and beyond.
• The Artourage & Hero Alliance presents MARVEL VS DC Cosplay hosted by Batman and The Joker at 6 p.m. at Full Circle Brewing Co. There will be a cosplay contest, live action cosplay, retro gaming, live music, and more. Cost is $10 for adults; children 12 and under are free.
• The Killer Dueling Pianos will be at Engelmann Cellars at 6 p.m. This 21-and-over event costs $15.
• Tee Grizzley will be live on stage at the Azteca Theater at 7 p.m. Tickets for this all ages show start at $30. [Ed. note: this event has been canceled.]
• Nights in the Plaza Paz at Arte Américas presents Larry Flores at 7 p.m. Bring your family and some comfortable chairs to spend the evening with friends. Kids are welcomed and the art galleries are open through each show’s intermission. Cost is $12 for adults and $5 for kids under 10.
• Don’t miss the Fresno premiere of Fun Home, directed by J Daniel Herring, at the Dan Pessano Theater in Fresno. Performances start at 7:30 p.m. tonight and Saturday. A matinee show will start at 2 p.m. Sunday.
• Relive Andie’s terrible prom dress in the 80s classic Pretty in Pink at the historic Crest Theatre in downtown Fresno at 8 p.m. Cost is $5. Come dressed in your best 80s outfit and get a free popcorn.
• See Shakespeare’s tale of deceit, jealousy, and trust in a park setting. Woodward Shakespeare Festival performs Othello at Woodward Park tonight and tomorrow at 8 p.m.
• Foam Wonderland, the Ultimate Foam Party Experience Unity Tour 2018, hits Chukchansi Park at 8 p.m. Expect to get wet!
• The 2nd annual Hot Raqs Belly Dance Festival will start at 10:30 a.m. at the Clovis Veterans Memorial Building. The two-day festival will continue at 10:30 a.m. Sunday.
• Head to House of Pendragon in Clovis for your chance to win the 3rd annual Salsa Competition (and also drink some beer). The fun starts at 1 p.m.
• The 2018 Historic Lowell District Home Tour will begin at 3 p.m. in downtown Fresno. The Lowell Neighborhood is one of Fresno’s first subdivisions, dating back to the late 1800s. The neighborhood features a collection of mansions, mid-sized homes, bungalow courts, and apartments. Tickets are $25.
• Kristopher Roe of The Ataris will play an acoustic set at Full Circle. The all-ages show starts at 6 p.m. and costs $12 in advance.
• Tribute band Petty & The Heartshakers will rock ApCal in Madera at 7 p.m. Tickets are $20 at the gate.
• ¡Cumbiatron! The World’s Best Dance Music Special 3-Year Anniversary Show will start at Arte Américas at 7 p.m. There will be music, art, food, and a pop-up shop. Tickets are $10 at the door.
• Also at 7 p.m., the Fresno Football Club hosts the Sacramento Republic FC at 7 p.m. at Chukchansi Park. Get your tickets here.
• Relive the panic of Y2K Night at Strummer’s. Starting at 9 p.m., there will be music and visuals from the early 2000s, plus a free photo booth with prints and giveaways. 2000s-inspired dress encouraged. This is a 21+ event.
• Get your dance on at FAB Fresno from 12 to 6 p.m. No cover and drink specials are in the mix.
• Lucha Xtreme returns to the Lucha Lounge at 2 p.m. at 721 Broadway in downtown Fresno.
• Also at 2 p.m., Fresno FC Ladies hosts Pleasanton RAGE Girls Soccer Club at the Fresno State Soccer Field.
• Sunday Drum Day starts at 3 p.m. at Full Circle Brewing Co.
What else is going on this weekend? Add your event to the comments.
Latest posts by Heather McLane (see all)
- Deadline for Swede Fest films is fast approaching. Here’s some inspiration! - November 14, 2018
- Here’s what you should do this weekend - November 9, 2018
- Here’s what you should do this weekend - November 1, 2018