Latest posts by Joanne Lui (see all)
- Build your own sliders at Burgerim - August 23, 2018
- Fresno Grizzlies will honor fallen firefighters in upcoming game - August 7, 2018
- Here are all of the Valley’s 2018 Fourth of July events! - June 29, 2018
As the last weeks of summer come upon us, my beloved baseball season is also drawing to a close! I can’t believe there are only two home stands left for the red-hot, division-leading Fresno Grizzlies. The good news is, I’m warning you now so you can mark your calendars and figure out which games you want to go to!
As always, the Grizzlies have some excellent promotions planned, including some designed to benefit very important causes.
CAL FIRE Night benefits firefighters’ families
The biggest one is CAL FIRE Night this Friday, Aug. 10, benefitting the families of Brian Hughes and Braden Varney, who died while battling the still-burning Ferguson Fire. Five dollars from every ticket purchased in advance at this link will be given to the fund, while two dollars will be donated from every walk-up ticket bought the night of the game. The Grizzlies have partnered with local law firm McCormick Barstow to kick-start the funding with $2,500.
A moment of silence for fallen firefighters will be observed before first pitch, which is at 7:05 p.m. There will also be a silent auction of autographed, game-worn jerseys from this season during the game, with all proceeds donated directly to the families.
Other upcoming promotions
Want another way to enjoy baseball while doing some good? The Grizzlies have also partnered with United Way to hold a school supplies drive for underprivileged children. Fans who donate socks, underwear or school supplies in any amount between Aug. 9–12 will receive a free ticket voucher good for any game in the upcoming home stand, Aug. 9–15. Donations will be taken at gates 1, 2, and 6.
And of course it wouldn’t be the Fresno Grizzlies if they didn’t have an extra special promotion up their sleeves. This time, it’s Bruce Lee vs. Chuck Norris Night, on Thursday, Aug. 9! There will be a ninja star throwing range at the ballpark, as well as special “Nunchuck Churros” for one night only. Pick a team for just $20: This deal includes a ticket to the game and a “Team Bruce” or “Team Chuck” T-shirt. The purchase of this package also enters fans in a contest to win one of twelve $50 gift cards to the Grizzlies team store.
Food and entertainment deals for the whole family
If you’re wanting a good deal for food and entertainment, the Grizzlies have got you covered there, too. Most notably, hot dogs will be just 25 cents on Sunday, Aug. 12. Fans who show their Save Mart receipt or Save Mart app at the box office will also receive $5 off each ticket that day.
Other deals worth considering:
- At the game on Thursday, Aug. 9, from the time gates open at 6:05 p.m. to first pitch at 7:05 p.m., you can buy a burger, fries, and 12-ounce beer for just $5.
- On Monday, Aug. 13, you can get two tickets, two hot dogs, two sodas, two Fresno Chaffee Zoo vouchers, and two Pieology pizza or salad vouchers, all for just $25!
- For Taco Tuesday on Aug. 14, in addition to 2-for-1 field box and club tickets, fans can enjoy $2 tacos, sodas, and churros through the fifth inning. You can also receive a voucher for two free tacos if you purchase a 24-oz Dos Equis can.
I just gave you a whole bunch of reasons why you should go to a Fresno Grizzlies game before the end of the season, so I hope one of them will entice you to head out to Chukchansi Park.
Visit the Grizzlies website to buy tickets in advance and get full details on all of the promotions. Enjoy the rest of your summer, and go Grizzlies! Hopefully, they’ll make the play-offs so we can have a little more baseball in September!